Rise is seeking a driven staff member who is looking for their next challenge.
This position is responsible for providing leadership in the governance management of the organisation.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists other executives with all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to governance matters.
The Company Secretary role involves a number of key duties which are vital to Rise’s overall governance practices.
Expected Deliverables Include:
Area 1: Leadership and Organisational Development
- Chairing an internal Rise committee on risk once a quarter
- Attending Board committees or Board meetings periodically to present on high level matters of risk and governance (in conjunction with CEO/CFO)
- Keeping current with emerging practice on governance and risk
- Preparation of periodic briefing papers
- Maintaining and updating existing processes, practices, and approaches to managing risk and governance
- Comfortable leading Leadership Group members and Board members through the areas above
- Skills required are strategic thinking, critical analysis, ability to simplify complex ideas and bring about their practical application for Rise
Area 2: Organisational Governance
- Provide leadership to the Board, officers, and staff of Rise in respect of organisational governance
- Sponsor and/or contribute to the development and implementation of significant organisational projects with respect to governance
- Ensure governance best practice is identified and implemented as far as reasonably appropriate
- Contribute to the identification, development, and implementation of a fit for purpose internal audit and continuous improvement approach
- Ensure a contemporary risk management approach is implemented across the organisation
The successful applicant will be provided with a comprehensive handover and additional support to ensure their success, and administrative support also exists for this role. The Company Secretary function is an addition to any existing role, but the additional responsibility and workload will be remunerated at approx. $8,574.35 p.a.
If you are looking to express interest in the Company Secretary role, please send through your CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria to Breanna.email@example.com
If you would like any additional information regarding this role, please contact Polly Klante, CFO and Company Secretary on 0408 917 888 or Polly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for Expression of Interests will close Friday 1st October 2021.