Social media and television are filled with heartbreaking scenes. Whatever you’re feeling – it might be distress, anxiety, heartbreak – know that it’s totally normal but there are some tried and tested ways to look after your mental health:
- Connect with your workmates – check in with your colleagues regularly and share what’s on your mind.
- Access the free and confidential counselling service that’s available to all Rise staff. People Sense is available for personal or work related issues. Just call 1300 307 912
- Take regular breaks from the news and social media.
- Stick to a routine. Routine is really useful in making life feel a bit more predictable, especially during uncertain times.
- Look after your physical health – physical activity is really helpful for your mental health.
Let’s continue to look out for each other during these challenging times. We’d love to hear your tips for looking after your mental health in the comments below.