Aged Care Services
We're here to support you to live independently in your own home and stay connected to your community. Services can be provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme or a Home Care Package with minimal cost to you.
Would you like some help maintaining your garden or home? Do you need some transport arranged? Talk to us as we provide a whole range of services across Perth.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Aged Care is your first step to accessing government-funded aged care services for you, your family, and carers.
My Aged Care can assist you with:
- Understanding the types of care that are available.
- Applying for an assessment and working out the services that you are eligible for.
- And, if you currently receive services, discovering if there are any other services that you may be entitled to.
You may be eligible for services if you’re:
65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people and:
- Noticed a change in the things you do or what you can remember.
- Have a medical condition.
- Have reduced mobility and find it harder to get around.
- Had changes in your family care arrangements.
- Had a recent fall or been admitted to hospital?
The government-funded age care service is based on your current health, how you manage at home and the services you already receive.
- Preparation of your meals
- Showering or dressing
- Managing medications
- Home cleaning
- Gardening and minor home maintenance
- Mobility aids
- Transport to appointments or activities
- In-home social support
- In-home respite
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is for people who just need assistance with a few tasks around the home.
The Home Care Package Programme (HCP) is available for people who require more care and extra support on a regular basis to help live independently at home.