Support at home and in the community
We provide a range of services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme. We understand that everybody is different and we’re keen to find out what matters to you. Together we can discuss your interests and talents, such as making new friends, gaining employment or finding a house you can call home.
Funding is available for people with disability to access ‘reasonable and necessary’ services and supports and have the same things in life as other people. This includes somewhere to live, a job, hobbies and access to social activities.
These supports and services fall into three categories.
- Core: A support that helps with completing daily living activities.
- Capital: A support for an investment, for example home or vehicle modifications, or funding for capital costs, including Specialist Disability Accommodation.
- Capacity building: Something that helps build independence and skills.
More information can be found on the NDIS website here.
If you think you may be eligible for the NDIS you can apply over the phone by calling 1800 800 110 and completing an Access Request Form.
You will need to provide information about your disability and the support you require. Your GP, health workers and disability support providers can assist with providing this information.
To be eligible for NDIS funding you will need to meet the criteria set out by the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These criteria include:
- You are under the age of 65
- You live in Australia and have Australian residency
- You have a permanent and significant disability
You can check your eligibility for NDIS funding here .
If you answered no to any of the above criteria, call us so we can help guide you on what to do next. You may be able to receive alternatively funded services provided by Rise, such as privately funded, Aged Care Services (Home Care Package, Commonwealth Home Support Program) or through our Mental Health Team.
The Rise team are happy to help guide you with the process or you can apply to the NDIS to receive funding by completing the Access Request Form here or phoning the NDIS on 1800 800 110.
More information regarding applying for the NDIS is available on the NDIS website here . After you have applied it’s time to start thinking about your needs and goals, interests and talents to help the NDIS team create your funding plan. Here are some things to think about:
- What does a normal day look like?
- What would you like to do each day?
- How would this make things better for you?
- How much support do you need?
- What else do you need (equipment etc) to support your independence?
- Do you need a Support Coordinator or Local Area Coordinator?
How do you want to manage your NDIS funding?
- Self-managed - where you pay the provider directly
- Use a Plan Manager who will pay the organisation for services that are provided
- NDIS Managed
- Use a combination of the above.